about the backgroundIf you would like to know who is behind the CultureBase network, apart from the members, please take a look at the homepage > Become a member
All texts, images, graphics, sound and video files are subject to copyright and other laws for the protection of intellectual property. They may not be copied, changed or used on other websites without written permission.
Please note the copyright of the images, videos and texts that you upload for publication. You take
responsibility for this when using the ASP services of Kulturserver.
In case of doubt, make sure that you have the necessary rights of use to adjust the media for the
respective use and that the copyright is not infringed. This applies in particular if images / video
/ text are not to be used for internal purposes, but are published on websites as part of a data set
(e.g. a program edition, artist biography or description of the institution); or are passed on to a
partner connected to the network.
Please note that there are no third party rights to the content you have posted. If this guarantee is not adhered to in whole or in part, Kulturserver, as the provider of these services, is expressly released from any third-party claims resulting from this.
In the interests of the author / rights holder, you should provide the metadata for the content posted as detailed as possible. This includes in particular:
- The copyright notice should be placed as close as possible to the work
- A date and a clearly identifiable name or pseudonym are important
- You should also mark content published under the “Creative Commons” license as such. These may then be used in accordance with the specified license conditions.
- Should it become necessary to completely remove a resource (image, text, video, etc.) from the Internet in the context of an unclear copyright situation, we urgently ask you to contact us as well.
Please consider: Anyone who violates copyright law (e.g. unauthorized copying of images or texts) is liable to prosecution in accordance with §§ 106 ff UrhG, is also issued with a fee and has to pay compensation (§ 97 UrhG).
The data entered in CultureBase is made available for free use and presentation for distribution in the CultureBase network: Because the presentation and dissemination of the generally published cultural information is also the primary task of the project.
The interface partners with a large reach, in particular, insist that the picture credits (copyright and picture title) be entered in a comprehensible manner for all images. Without the copyright, the data will not be passed on and / or published in many cases due to the explicit request of the respective interface partner.
You can find out which options you generally have to disseminate your event data in the CultureBase network or to obtain data from the CultureBase in our support article on the subject of > Data partnerships (german only).
For legal reasons, all images that you add to events in the cb-stage scheduling software must have a copyright notice. In addition, it is becoming more and more important that accessible information is available. In the field of image media, this applies above all to the image title.
The event software cb-stage has therefore been extended by two features, with the help of which you can update missing copyrights and image titles quickly and if legally required:
1. As soon as you want to insert an image from your picture stock into cb-stage, in which the fields "Title of the image" and / or "Copyright" are not filled in, an editing window opens. You can add the missing data here. The checking mechanism also works with multiple selection of different images.
2. On the other hand, a clearly visible icon in the image overview in cb-stage marks those images that are missing a title and / or copyright notice so that you can easily add them there.
Partners who import their data can also quickly see in stage.culturebase.org whether the copyright notices have been imported. In the further process, an automatic message is generated that supports a revision before the import.